Mirabelle Brut, 33rd bottling (1 x 750 ml)

Mirabelle is Schramsbergs multi-vintage brut sparkling wine. Twenty years into building an outstanding range of vintage dated sparkling wines, the Davies family set out to master the non-vintage or multi-vintage traditional method technique. A few years of experimentation would ultimately lead to the successful launch of Mirabelle Brut and Mirabelle Brut Rose in 1992.

Unlike our vintage bottlings, Mirabelle gains unique richness from blending additions of aged base wines, stored in barrels and tanks at the winery from prior vintages. These older lots add significant palate richness and aromatic complexity. Starting in 2022, the Mirabelle packaging started to designate the bottling number to give additional specificity to each bottling of Mirabelle, and to highlight the vintage which is primarily in the blend. For this 33rd bottling, the 2021 vintage makes up 85% of the blend, with the other 15% coming from select previous vintage lots.

This flavorful, bright bubbly exhibits the crisp acidity and vibrant apple/citrus fruit that is characteristic of cool-climate Chardonnay. Pinot Noir adds body to the palate and further depth of fruit flavor. The grapes for Mirabelle are grown in the cool-climate pockets of Californias North Coast, including the Napa-Carneros, Sonoma Coast, Anderson Valley, and Marin County. The fruit is hand-picked in the early morning hours at optimal maturity. Individual lot fermentations allow the winemakers to carefully select the components that make up the finished blend. After bottle fermentation and two years of aging en tirage, subsequent trials determine the ideal dosage to finish this brut style.

Mirabelle Brut is delicious as a dry apéritif and is also well-suited as an accompaniment to a broad range of foods, including oysters on the half shell, sushi, baked halibut, country fried chicken, cream-based pasta dishes, fruits, nuts and cheeses.

View Wine Technical Sheet

Tasting notes

The 33rd Bottling of Mirabelle Brut offers aromas of nectarine, orange, and yellow apple, along with subtle hints of vanilla cookie and peach crumble. A juicy entry welcomes generous fruit of tangerine and cherry, leading to a bright center with notes of tropical fruit and marzipan. The flavors linger with a long finish and quenching acidity.- Winemakers Sean Thompson, Jessica Koga and Hugh Davies

Reviews

-
-
-