- Your Cart is Empty
2006 jd Cabernet Sauvignon (1 X 750 ML)
The vineyard blocks, totaling 42 acres, are laid out in three isolated pockets ranging from approximately 500 to 1000 feet in elevation. They include the two Schram sections, Napa Valley’s first hillside vineyards, originally established in 1862 by Jacob Schram. The third piece is the adjacent McEachran parcel, which was first planted by Colin McEachran in 1878 and was purchased by Schramsberg in 1985. These are the southernmost vineyards in the Diamond Mountain District AVA. Flanked by two cool creek canyons (Nash Creek to the north and Ritchie Creek to the south) and surrounded by dense coniferous and deciduous forests, the vines here produce lateripening, richly concentrated fruit with average yields of just two tons per acre.
Aromas of dark chocolate, cherries, and plum are accentuated by notes of tobacco and indian spice. A bright palate of red raspberry and cranberry is framed by soft round tannins, leading to additional layers of black currant and blackberry on the finish.- Winemakers Sean Thompson and Hugh Davies